Since 2021, the Ostia Forum Project has been cooperating with Jakob Korbel and Marcus Gottschalk from the Technical University of Berlin. The purpose of this corporation is to visualise the hypotheses from the excavations. The results from the work are exhibited at the Tieranatomisches Theater in Berlin until September 15. For more details on the cooperation, see here and here.
In connection with the exhibition at the Tieranatomisches Teater in Berlin, the Ostia Forum Project had a close collaboration with the ViNN:Lab from the Technichal Hochschule Wildau just outside of Berlin, where a team made three 3D-prints of two objects and the room TFR 2. For more on this, click here.
The Ostia Forum Project is sponsored by the Stiftung-Humboldt-Universität (SHU) from 2016-2022 based on a private donation. For more details, see the website of the SHU or Funding so far.
The Humboldt Ostia Forumproject from 2010-2014 was sponsored by Humboldt University, Berlin and the Gerda Henkel Stiftung.
The excavations prior to 2010 were organized with the help of and in cooperation with:
- Soprintendenza di Ostia (Anna Gallina Zevi, Angelo Pellegrino)
- Deutsches Archäologisches Institut (DAI), Rom
- University of Kent, Canterbury, Great Britain (Luke Lavan)
- the 2009 summerschool of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), USA
The excavations 2010-2015 are conducted with an international team supervised by Axel Gering in cooperation with:
Soprintendenza Speciale per i Beni Archeologici di Roma, responsible for Ostia, present employees:
- Alessandro D’Alessio (Director of Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica 2019 – )
- Claudia Tempesta (Responsible for Permit 2017 – )
- Cristina Genovese (Nuovi Depositi 2021 – )
- Marina Lo Blundo (Archivio Fotografico 2018 – )
- Barbara Roggio (Archivio Disegni 2020 – )
- All employees looking after the Park in general.
Soprintendenza Speciale per i Beni Archeologici di Roma, responsible for Ostia, former employees:
- Mariarosaria Barbera (Director of Scavi di Ostia Antica 2016 – 2018 / Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica 2018 – 2019)
- Paola Germoni (Nuovi Depositi 2006 – 2021)
- Cinzia Morelli (Director of the Scavi di Ostia, 2013 – 2016)
- Angelo Pellegrino (Director of Scavi di Ostia Antica 2000 – 2013)
Berlin Universities and Institutes
- Winckelmann-Institut für Klassische Archäologie der Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (HU), Prof. Stephan G. Schmid
- Institut für Geowissenschaften der Freien Universität Berlin (FU), Hans-Peter Thamm
- a summerschool of the Excellence Cluster TOPOI, Berlin (subproject coordination, Undine Lieberwirth)
- the German Aerospace Center/Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V., DLR Berlin-Adlershof
- Institut für Robotik und Mechatronik, Robotersysteme, DLR Oberpfaffenhofen – Wessling
- Berlin-Branderburgische Adademie der Wissenschaften (BBAW)
- Illustrated Architecture (IA), Berlin
- Eastern Atlas, Berlin
- Aarhus University, Denmark
- Until 2010/ 2011: University of Kent, Canterbury, Great Britain
- Pázmány Péter Katolikus Egyetem (The Catholic University of Hungary, Budapest)